Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fell in love with a Singer

Hello and how are my fellow crafty readers? I'm excited. Why? Yesterday my roommate and I found and fell in love with a Singer. No, not a someone like Frank Sinatra, but a something, like a lovely vintage Singer straight stitch sewing machine. This, my friends, is a well-oiled sewing machine. It was found at a thrift store no less. If you follow the blog, Male Pattern Boldness, (like I do) then you will know that anyone can come across a gem like this. Peter just either has more luck or is in a better location to find these wonderful machines. I know he's in a better location. Heck, he's in NY!
But I digress. This gem was hiding in its scratched up table in said thrift store. And yes it is a wonderful thing to have a machine and its own table/hiding place. The table provides a flat surface to work on when the machine is pulled up and out of its cubby. It also usually has a storage area for a few bobbins, thread spools and things. To the untrained eye, the sewing machine table looks like an average side table. When you pick it up unknowingly, you may be surprised that it is so heavy. It is heavy because the machine that is so neatly tucked away inside is HEAVY. Yeah, this little baby is pure metal with a touch of oil.
Oh, I am so excited about this new-to-me sewing machine that I have nearly run out of words. When we checked it at the store, we used a piece of paper to sew on, and it through it like butter. So amazing.
Dear Readers, I hope that you too can find your very own gem in the rough. And be wary of these side table look-a-likes. There may very well be a sewing machine in there waiting to steal your heart away!

No comments:

Post a Comment