Monday, March 7, 2011

Uncraftily busy

Notes to Self:

Project Pictures
When finished with a project.... TAKE A PICTURE!!!

Pictures on Etsy
When posting pictures on Etsy, use Windows not Linux.  The pictures will likely be uncooperative and not stay rotated.

Packing
Mom's house stuff needs to be all packed up by Thursday night. Friday it will be loaded into a trailer. Saturday it will travel.


Well guys, this is what I have consuming me for the week. Cleaning, packing, and if I can get anything else done I'll be back to post it. When I was asked to pack up the house, I got it started and made a decent dent in it. Last week or two I took a break from packing and concentrated more on crafting and getting both my Etsy shop and this blog started.  Last Thursday and Friday, I volunteered my time at the local thrift shop to get it in order and ready with Spring clothes.  Now I am left with today and 3 more days to find boxes and get the rest of the house ready for travel.  It feels good to have a deadline.
Does anyone else have this next problem?  For some unknown reason, I cannot ever seem to remember to take a picture of finished projects before they change hands.  Saturday, I made a hat for a lovely, thoughtful lady that is going through chemo treatments.  It was off to its new owner before anyone thought to take a picture of it. *sigh* Guess another one will have to be made just so I can show off what I've done. Oh well.
If some more down time is found, I will attempt to get further on a monstrous blanket that I swore to make for my oldest brother.  Oh, it is only 10 feet wide and 4 feet long so far. There are 3 more feet in length yet to go. It is all crocheted so a person would think it could be done up quick, right? WRONG. That width seems to be unwieldy. Next time I attempt something like that please stop me or suggest a different strategy than what I've done.
There is a shrug also being made but nothing like what I've seen or done before.  I learned to tat within the past year. I have gotten the hang of making small doilies, edgings, and bookmarks.  One of those offhand brilliant ideas has me starting to needle tat up a shrug a small section at a time. I'll let you know how that goes.
Well, down time is over. Back to packing up the house.
Take care folks.
-Jefferjean

No comments:

Post a Comment